Beyond Pins and Needles: 8 Surprising Signs of Neuropathy
Do you ever feel like you’re wearing gloves or socks when you’re not? Or experience sharp, jabbing, or burning pain that seems to have no apparent cause? These could be signs of neuropathy – a condition where the peripheral nerve cells in your body misfire, causing a range of symptoms from pain to complete loss of sensation. Read on to discover the 8 Surprising Signs of Neuropathy that you should be aware of.
Patients with neuropathy experience “misfiring” of the peripheral nerve cells (nerves that carry signals between the brain and other parts of the body). The result can range from pain to complete loss of sensation. –Yale Medicine
8 Signs and Symptoms of Neuropathy:
- Gradual onset of numbness, prickling, or tingling in your feet or hands, which can spread upward into your legs and arms
- Sharp, jabbing, throbbing or burning pain
- Extreme sensitivity to touch
- Pain during activities that shouldn’t cause pain, such as pain in your feet when putting weight on them or when they’re under a blanket
- Lack of coordination and falling
- Muscle weakness
- Feeling as if you’re wearing gloves or socks when you’re not
- Paralysis if motor nerves are affected
Check out our video below where we discuss the definition and causes of Neuropathy, along with potential solutions to assist those experiencing this condition.
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, it’s crucial to take action and seek help. Don’t let neuropathy control your life. Instead, take charge of your health by contacting us at Oasis Chiropractic & Wellness Center. We can provide you with more information and help you find the treatment you need to manage your symptoms and regain control of your life. Don’t hesitate to give us a call at 651.797.3262. Let’s work together to help you feel better and get back to enjoying your life.