You have heard that chiropractors can help adults with back pain. But if you are like most people, you will be surprised that children need chiropractic care, too. You will be even more surprised when you learn why….
- Asthma causes more school absences than any other single pediatric disorder. In the United States, 15 million people suffer from asthma; 14.8 million of those are children under the age of 18. Did you know that asthma causes more school absences and hospitalizations than any other childhood illness?
- In a recent study of 81 children with asthma who were treated with chiropractic care, 90.1% of them showed improvement with chiropractic adjustments. The results of the study concluded chiropractic care is a safe, drug free, health care approach where the patient perceived improved respiration, improved quality of life, and less frequent asthma attacks.
- Allergy is the 3rd most common chronic disease among children under 18 years old. Overuse of antibiotics during childhood has been linked to increased allergy-related conditions in children and through to adulthood.
- One of the best ways to boost immune system function is to improve nervous system function. A good diet, adequate exercise, and chiropractic adjustments will help fight allergies naturally.
- If the nervous system has any interference, the brain receives improper signals and neurological symptoms like ADD/ADHD could be present.
- Did you know that Ritalin and cocaine affect the brain in almost identical ways?
- In one study, 171 children suffering with enuresis averaged 7 nights of bed wetting per week prior to the study. After the children were given some initial chiropractic care the average child reduced the number of “wet” nights to 4 nights per week. In addition, only 1% of the children were considered “dry” prior to the study and prior to receiving chiropractic care. After the study, 15% of the children were then considered “dry”.
- One of the most common reasons parents seek chiropractic care is for ear infections. Almost 2 out of 3 children will have a middle ear infection before the age of 3. The cause of ear infections can be either bacterial or viral and typically result from another illness. For many children this can become a chronic problem requiring a lot of treatment and increasing the risk of permanent hearing damage and developmental problems.
- The standard treatment for ear infections is antibiotics, which will only be effective if the problem is bacterial. However, research studies fail to show that antibiotics are any more effective than the body’s own immune system.
- Chiropractic care aids in the drainage of the middle ear and improves immune function. Studies have shown, “after receiving a series of chiropractic adjustments, nearly 80% of the children treated were free of ear infections for at least the six-month period following their initial visits.”
**Children are our future**
It is important that they have the best chance to reach their full potential subluxation free.
That is why we have affordable family plans and reduced prices for children.
Oasis Chiropractic P.A. 7424 East Point Douglas Rd S Cottage Grove, MN 55016 651-458-5565 www.cottagegrovechiro.com