You’ve heard about kids going to the chiropractor for a variety of reasons and your friend takes her child to the chiropractor, is there any benefit for a child to receive a chiropractic adjustment?
1. Children who get adjusted are happier and better behaved because they have a healthier spine and nervous system.
2. Kids that get adjusted, don’t get sick as often. Your body has an amazing ability to fight off disease; adjustments allow your body’s immune system to work at its optimum. Kids that do get sick, don’t stay sick as long and don’t get as sick. This means fewer trips to the pediatrician, less medication, and fewer missed days of work and school.
3. Improved concentration in school means better grades. Adjustments enhance blood flow to the brain and improve communication between the brain and the sensory organs of the body, which leads to better learning ability.
4. Increased sports and athletic performance. You don’t have to be a star athlete to enjoy these benefits. Athletes in a study were evaluated in 11 different categories including agility, balance, power, and reaction time. The athletes receiving chiropractic care showed significant improvement by over 30% in all categories.
*Lauro A Mouch B. Chiropractic: The Journal of Chiropractic Research and Clinical Investigation 1991; 6 84-87
5. Better adaptation to their growing and changing body while they learn to crawl, walk, run, and play sports. Adjustments help kids deal with the mental stresses from school, parents, and peer pressure.
6. Improved nerve function allows the body to heal itself of many chronic childhood conditions such as:
Asthma, Allergies, Colic, Ear Infections, Bed Wetting, Scoliosis, ADHD, and Growing Pains just to name a few.
7. Preventative adjustments decrease the chance of future spine problems that may lead to arthritis, degenerative disc disease, scoliosis, carpal tunnel, back pain, and headaches.